dilluns, 13 d’abril del 2009

"LA MONA"


Today is the last day of these little holidays and all the godfathers gave presents: 'la mona', which is a cake typical during this time. It's a Catalan tradition, in the past, the whole family went out to eat it having a picnic, but in our times, the 'mona' is bigger and also it is made of chocolate, there are also some figures of the greatest celebrities of the moment, like Messi, Obama, Guardiola,...
This is a special day for the youngest in the house, because they have this present and also receive money from their godfathers. I can remember that I've had special moments in these days, because I love chocolate, and to have one cake only for me was very exciting!
In my family, we make the cakes, different to the great majority of people who buy them, and in the past it was very beautiful, because we put all that we like, chocolate, sweets, figures of barça's players... and in the afternoon we exchanged the cake with my cousins.
And now, a report about new kinds of mona:

1 comentari:

Vito Andolini Corleone ha dit...

I never practice this tradition. Because I don't like cakes! ^^